November 30

sound experiment (tuning forks)

Today i will tell you about my science experiment.The experiment was about tuning forks. If you don’t know what a tuning fork is it’s a piece of metal with a handle and a space between each other.

What I did:

EXperiment 1:

So what we did was we took the tuning fork and hit it on metal.Then we put it on salt and the salt moved. The reason we put it over the salt was that a tuning fork cares vibrations. the reason the salt moved was because the vibration of the tuning fork was strong enough that it moved the salt.

experiment 2:

after we did that we took a cup and filled it with water. Then  we hit the tuning fork on metal and cared the vibration to the water and the water exploded. my hypothesis was that both of them  would make sound but  the conclusion was in the end it just the moved objects.

Posted November 30, 2021 by Blue Energy in category grade 4

2 thoughts on “sound experiment (tuning forks)

1. Yasmin

I thought your experiments were very interesting. I too expected there to be sound by the tuning fork. I wonder why it only caused the objects to move but didn’t make any sound.

Reply
  2. jbennett31

Hi BlueEnergy,
    I really enjoyed how you put the tuning fork in different chemicals to make it sound a bit different. I would like to see what happens if you put the tuning fork in flour!
    I would like to learn more about sound from you.
    From,
    Oren

Reply